Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Charlotte says funny things

I need to record a few things Charlotte has been saying before I forget.

The other day we were walking to visit Kristi's Grandpa who lives just a few blocks away. Charlotte began telling a story... "One day, we walked to visit Grandpa John and Grandma Sharon. When we got there I asked, 'Grandpa, how is your kidney?'"
Grandpa John just happens to have a kidney stone at the moment, and Charlotte had learned from Grandma Cindy that his kidney was sick. Matt and I almost died laughing when we heard her tell this story!

Charlotte and Grandma Cindy were driving in the car. Charlotte pushed the automatic window button to roll the window down.
Grandma Cindy: Charlotte, you should ask a grown-up before you roll down the window. It might not be safe.
Charlotte: But I asked myself, and I said it was ok.
Grandma Cindy: But you should ask a grown-up.
Charlotte: But I am growing up.

As we drove to Iowa to visit Lisa, Travis, and Liya, we smelled something stinky in the car. Charlotte said "Pee-yew! What stinks?!" Mama answered, "It was probably that truck with pigs in it that just drove by." Now every time something stinks, Charlotte asks, "Was that a pig truck driving by?"

In Iowa, Charlotte had an incident where she disobeyed Mama by pulling the tag off of one of Liya's toys. It wasn't a big deal for the tag to be off, but I reprimanded her for not listening to me. A few minutes later she introduced a Cabbage Patch doll as her daughter. She said "She's a good daughter and she always listens. She doesn't take the tags off of toys."

At naptime one day she wouldn't settle down. Mama lay down next to her and pretended to sleep. Charlotte sang her some nice songs to lull her to sleep. Mama tried hard to keep a straight face in order to uphold the appearance of sleep. Mostly Charlotte sang classic lullabies like "How Much is that Doggie in the Window" and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star." But she also made up a few of her own.
"My heart is full. My heart is full. My heart is full of love. My heart is full of love. And my heart is full. And my bladder is full."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was driving her somewhere the other day we smelled a skunk. Charlotte ask "Is that a stunk I smell?"

-Dad

Laura said...

This kid cracks me up!

Angela said...

Too funny!