Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Traveling Baby (and Mommy and Daddy)!

Last week Matt took a vacation to the Boundary Waters with his friend Josh. Kristi didn't want to be alone with Charlotte for four days, so she asked her mom and dad to come up and help out with baby care and take her on a little vacation. If Matt needs/wants a vacation, then so does Kristi! So Kristi's parents came up and whisked her away on a vacation to Bayfield, WI for a day and up the north shore for a day. While Matt was paddling around in the Boundary Waters, Kristi was taking a boat cruise of the Apostle Islands in Bayfield. Charlotte enjoyed the trip immensely (by that I mean she slept a lot, had a bottle, and looked around while being really cute!). She also had a sample of Mommy's cookies and cream ice cream...

Charlotte thought about jumping overboard, but I convinced her she couldn't swim.

Charlotte's first dip in Lake Superior. She didn't mind the cold water at all.

Mommy and Charlotte on the shores of Lake Superior in northern Wisconsin.

Bug-eyed baby!

Mommy, Grandpa Mark, and Grandma Cindy with Charlotte at the Rose Garden in Duluth.

Charlotte holding on to Grandma Cindy's sweatshirt zipper.

Matt and his friend Josh by the entry point to the Boundary Waters.

Super Matt!

Beautiful calm water.

Matt had a great time on his trip!

1 comment:

kirsten sauey said...

Thanks for continuing with the updates, you guys! I love seeing new pics of Charlotte and what you're up to. Wish I was taking a trip to Duluth and the Boundary Waters soon...looks like a great trip, Matt. I miss northern MN and I miss the Florek family!

much love,
Kirsten