


When I say April, what do you think of? April showers? Spring flowers? Young lovers skipping through the park? Pick-up games of ultimate frisbee? 10 inches of new blowing snow!?
Thats right, just when we were preparing to welcome the blooming of the early spring crocuses, we get hammered with a heavy cover of white. We have already put the snowshoes and shovels in the basement! Whats the deal!?
Sorry to all of you who have been anxiously awaiting new belly pictures. We took a break from posting them so Kristi's family would be surprised, which they were, but as you can see above, now we're back in full force. As Kristi's belly continues to grow and defy gravity, we are all loving to feel the baby moving, hear the heartbeat, and play the musical giraffe for Baby. We recently received a "fetoscope" from our doctor here in Duluth. Its an ancient piece of obstetrical equipment that docs used to use to hear Baby's heartbeat back in the day before the doppler machines (the electronic heartbeat monitor). It looks like a regular stethescope, but the bell of it is connected to a tube that leads to the doctor's forehead. It is supposed to enhace the sound and allow the doc to "hear" the heartbeat transmitted through the bones of his/her head. But I have to say that one looks ridiculous using it! (We'll post pictures later).
Baby is almost 2 pounds now and 14 1/2 inches long. We are approaching the beginning of the third trimester (in a couple weeks) and Baby is working on putting some meat on those bones, but he/she isn't too preoccupied with growing the length much these days (pretty much the same thing Kristi is up to!).
3 comments:
You look great! I must say I'm jealous that you are that far along and still have a considerably small belly. It may seem big to you, but you say you want more - you'll be much bigger come number 3. I'm only 6 weeks along and my pants are growing a tiny bit snug. I've heard with 3 or more the uterus says "oh yeah, we've been here before I'll get started right away!" Yikes! You look so cute - can't wait to see you guys again. ~Jesi
Kristi, you're getting so big! I wish I was actually going to get to see you pregnant! Hope you had a fun birthday - I miss you!
Oh, you guys remember Matt and Sara (my old youth director and wife)? They had their third - Sophia Jean. I love the name Sophia (or Sophie), if you're still looking to add to the list. :)
Okay, I'm craving another blog post, since Thursday was the last day I saw you guys. I am in Florek withdrawal!! Perhaps thiamine will help me?? :)
Post a Comment