Monday, January 22, 2007

Movin' and a Groovin' (4 Months)















What Baby is up to these days... Kicking Mom!!! Thats right, we felt Little Foot's first motions Saturday the 20th. We know its early, and we tried to ignore it at first as "just gas," but its really Baby! I (Matt) was even able to feel a little hand or foot punch my hand resting on Kristi's little lower belly. Its just barely perceptible at this point, and still something exciting. I will have to try to remember how excited we are to feel Baby in a few months, and remind mom of this when Little Foot is kicking her in the ribs.

And whats new with Little Foot's insides? Well, if Baby is a girl she is starting to form our future grandchildren! Yep, little ovaries are starting to form complete with all the eggs she will ever have, and now it will be our responsibility to make sure she doesn't use them a minute too early. And if Little Foot is a boy, well, nothing new, still growin' that penis. We all know boys aren't that complicated, right? At this point Baby is learning how to make faces with his or her new facial muscles and is working on emptying the bladder every 30 minutes or so, peeing out into the amniotic fluid and swimmin' in it.

This week Baby is between 4 and 5 inches long and weighs about 4 oz. Not a bad size if you're a panfish, but lets keep it growing Baby. We remember just a few weeks ago we were sizing up Little Foot at about the size of a lentil and weighing him or her in paper clips. Now Baby is the size of a quarter pounder with cheese and special sauce!

Mom: Well obviously the big news is Little Foot's movement! For a few days I had been hyper-sensitive to any sort of abdominal movements, but it was mostly wishful thinking. But on Saturday morning I was laying in bed and felt three distinct jabs in the same spot. And I just knew that it was Baby! Luckily Matt was right there so he put his hand on my belly and could feel the next set of kicks/punches. It was a pretty amazing moment. Wow, there really is a baby in there! Of course now I am constantly waiting for Little Foot to move his/her little feet, though I hear I will get annoyed with this in a few months. But for now, I am really excited and amazed by this! Little Foot, we can't wait to meet you!

Dad: Now that we have had 2 OB appointments and heard the heartbeat a couple times, and now that we can feel the little tyke doing some gymnastics periodically, it seems a little more real. Kristi has been growing a little more now too, and is finding it increasingly difficult to keep that cantaloupe under wraps. As you can see from the picture above, I have been working on my "Milwaukee tumor" as well. Not too much new to report from me, we'll blog again after this Friday to let you all know how Baby's untrasound went, and we'll share our first baby pictures with you all.

No comments: