Saturday, April 28, 2012

24 weeks--viability!

We passed an important milestone this week!  At 24 weeks, the baby could potentially survive if born this early.  The chances are not great for survival, but it's possible!  We are obviously hoping to continue being pregnant for another 16 weeks but it's a good milestone to hit.  Baby "Wiggles" (named by Charlotte) is growing perfectly according to schedule.  He or she is constantly moving and poking little limbs, head, and butt out so that you can see them from the outside!  Keep growing little Wiggles!

Yesterday at my doctor appointment Charlotte told my doctor that she calls the baby Watermelon.  The doctor asked if we were going to give the baby a different name when he or she is born.  Charlotte said with a completely straight face, "Maybe Cantaloupe." 

3 comments:

Magnetic Monkey said...

Cantaloupe is a GREAT nickname! Can't wait to meet the newest Florek. :)

Mandy said...

Congratulations Matt and Kristy!!!! I don't check this blog for a few months, and look what I miss! Still sad that we don't get to see your faces anymore! I think Evan and Charlotte would be great friends--he is very in touch with his feminine side! You should really join Facebook so it would make staying in touch easier!

Angela said...

Charlotte is hilarious!! I love reading posts about what she says. We're so glad to hear that everything is going well. How fun that we'll have little ones so close in age!