Sunday, October 23, 2011

Birthday berries!

We're taking a break from Colorado pictures today. The rest of the trip plus our pictures of Pennsylvania and baby cousin Audrey will come soon.

Every year since I was pregnant with Charlotte we have gone berry picking for her birthday. On the Fourth of July 2007 I was T-minus one day to giving birth (obviously I didn't know that at the time). We went strawberry picking in Duluth and a tradition was born. The following year for Charlotte's first birthday we went strawberry picking in Delano, MN.


July 2008 and 2009 were strawberries in Rochester, but I don't have pictures of those today. Last year, 2010, we picked raspberries in Rochester. Baby kitty Stripe came along, too.





This year, 2011, we were in Colorado for her birthday. Despite my best efforts, we couldn't find a place to pick berries near Denver. It was right between strawberry and raspberry season, so we struck out. When we got back we went raspberry picking in Rochester at the same place as 2010.


Can you see all those nice raspberries on the bushes?!



She did such a good job picking this year. I think it is the first year she's actually been helpful!

Yum!

Looking for that perfect berry.


A "berry" happy family!

Someone is very warm, but also very happy to have spent the afternoon picking raspberries. Happy belated birthday, Charlotte!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems like just yesterday you were pregnant and picking strawberries on the 4th of July! Time sure flies by quickly! What a "sweet" way to celebrate Charlotte's birthday every year by picking berries. Happy 4th birthday Charlotte! Gramma Cindy

Lisa said...

I LOVE the last picture and I LOVE my niece!