http://family.go.com/blog/catherinewman/fantastic-fearless-five-minute-bread-889536/
Charlotte likes to help. And actually, it's easy enough that a 3 year old could almost put it together and mix it by herself. Almost.
Here is the dough, all mixed and ready to sit in front of the warm vent to rise.
And here is the dough after it rose in the bowl, ready to rise for a little bit longer while the oven preheats.
And now the buns are in the oven. And these are the only buns in ovens around here...though Charlotte did start asking yesterday, "When am I going to have a brother or a sister?"You may wonder about the choice of baking pans. This is how this recipe is supposed to go--in a covered ceramic or Pyrex dish. My first two loaves were made in the Pyrex contraption in the front--one bowl stacked on top of the other. Then today I borrowed two baking dishes from my grandparents down the street so I could increase my productivity. You know, because we need three loaves of bread at a time...


3 comments:
Here's my attempt...
Unbaked bread
and
baked bread
and
bonus baby goat for visiting the comment section!!!
I have to say I'm not too impressed with the flavor despite the crust and texture being very nice. I think it needs a fat component added to the dough (butter or oil).
Dear anonymous,
That's why you spread it with butter when you eat it.
Love,
the baker and the goat
Finding a good/easy/delicious bread recipe is on my to do list for age 25. Perhaps I'll be able to cross it off after I try this.
Post a Comment