Charlotte can't yet say the "th" sound, so it is always replaced with a "f" sound.
Here are some funny "fings" she has said recently at Grandpa and Grandma's house while Mama and Daddy are away at work:
At grandpa and grandma's house Charlotte was playing on the sidewalk and patio while grandpa brought in some things from the car. When he went to bring her in the house, the front of her coat was soaking wet and her hair was fairly wet.
Grandpa: "What happened to you?"
Charlotte: "I took a shower from the drips."(the melting snow was drip drip dripping onto the patio from the gutter and she couldn't resist standing under them to get a "shower")
Charlotte and grandpa built a fort in the living room with a blanket and everything was in good shape except it needed a door.
Grandpa: "How about we use the Giraffe chair as a door?"
Charlotte: (with much difficulty drags the Giraffe over to the fort and tries it out) "I don't like that good idea." (takes it away, again with much difficulty - given her size as compared to the chair) They settled for a piece of newspaper and two clothes pins.
Charlotte likes to help wash dishes. The other day she was in charge of rinsing. She spent the bulk of the time rinsing the same pot lid over and over and over again. Towards the end she got fixated on rinsing the soap bubbles off of grandpa's hand. He would put some more on and she'd rinse them off again.
Grandpa: "Are you enjoying rinsing those bubbles?"
Charlotte: "What happened big boy?"
(We think she used this phrase since she is now a "big girl" and not a baby, and we frequently refer to this fact.)
While finishing up the dishes Charlotte asked for more soap from the bottle...
Grandpa: "No. We are all done now."
Charlotte: (while grandpa was putting something away she grabbed the soap bottle and put a bunch in her hand)
Grandpa: (scolding (mildly) her for not listening to me. Explaining that when Mommy or Daddy or grandpa/ma tell her not to do something that she needs to listen or else it is being naughty)
Charlotte: "Are you not too much happy?"
Grandpa: (looks at her but doesn't say anything because that was kinda cute and want to be sure I say the right thing)
Charlotte: (not getting an answer from grandpa fast enough) "Are you not a lot of happy?"
"I told the ammals (animals) I was tooting. I had two little toots."
"Your poodle has sprinkles on him. I put sprinkles on your poodle." - while playing outside after Charlotte took some snow and sprinkled it on Scruffy (grandpa and grandma's dog)
On the way to Grandpa's/ma's house they were singing "The Wheels on the Bus." Grandpa started the verse "The grandpas on the bus go hug hug hug..." which she chimed in for. Then I sang "The Grandmas on the bus go....(paused for Charlotte to fill in the blank). Charlotte thought about 3 seconds and said "talk talk talk, talk talk talk."
2 comments:
Oh, soo cute! Thanks for the update!
She does say the cutest fings, but I think it's Grandpa who does all the talking! Gramma
Post a Comment