Monday, August 24, 2009

Charlotte, the movie

A few more things about Charlotte recently. She is getting pretty close to being potty trained. At home she usually wears underwear except at night when she wears a diaper. When we are out and about she wears a diaper because I prefer not to change wet pants and the whole deal when we are not at home. She does really like using toilets in public bathrooms however (why?!?!?!) and refuses to go in her diaper if I am too lazy to rush her to the potty quickly. At home she uses the toilet about 75% of the time and wakes up dry after naps and in the morning about 50% of the time. She is sometimes a bit stubborn about actually using the potty, and that is when most of our accidents occur. Yesterday she was having too much fun playing with the baby across the street and peed all over their sidewalk. Whoops...
We are full-force into being independent. "Felf" (self) is a common word around here, as in "I can do it myself." This usually applies to getting dressing or brushing teeth, but can be used in variety of other situations as well. She is actually pretty good at getting herself dressed, although her fashion sense is, in a sense, interesting. She can sometimes tell when she has something on backwards, and she gets frustrated if she can't get her arms into the armholes or both her legs go in the same pant leg. Here you can see an outfit she has chosen herself.



Here is a little video of Charlotte being a robot. Daddy taught her how to do a robot voice and robot arms. Charming, isn't it? :)



This girl likes to draw.


Here's the video I took when I snuck up on her while she was singing. I'm trying to get one of her singing the ABCs, but she always stops when she sees the camera.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I love robot Charlotte, it's so cute!

Magnetic Monkey said...

Your daughter makes me so happy, even half way across the country. It's nice to know that Matt is raising his daughter up in the ways of nerd-dom! :) The robot voice was super precious.