Monday, October 27, 2008

A momentous occasion!

Drumroll please..............Matt and Kristi have submitted their residency applications!


We applied to family medicine programs in the following places:

Duluth

Rochester (Mayo)

LaCrosse

Minneapolis (UofM/Smileys, Methodist, North Memorial)

St. Paul (United, St. John's, St. Joseph's)


Matt has already heard back about interviews at Mayo and some of the Minneapolis/St. Paul programs. Kristi just submitted her application about 5 minutes ago (it is all done via internet), so she has not heard back yet. Interviews will be in November-January. We will rank our top choices by February 25, 9pm eastern time (very specific!). We will get our placement on March 19 at noon at a big celebration called "Match Day." Then we will know where we will be living and working for the next 3 years!


A tiny update on the shining star in the family--Charlotte can now say "apple," "shoes," and "breakfast." Some of you may be saying, "but she could say 'breakfast' already!" This is true, but it was more like "Buhf." Now she really says "Beck-fas." It is so cute (you know Kristi has to be writing this post as Matt would NEVER use the word cute). Charlotte also knows to raise both arms in the air if you yell "TOUCHDOWN!" And she has quite the signing skills--she can sign more, eat, drink, milk, please, thank you, shoes, and she's working on cookie. (she LOVES the sugar cookies we made this weekend Mom!) She picks up on stuff super-fast, so we will have to be careful what we say and do around her!
Here's a picture from last August just for the heck of it. Remember how fat and bunchy she was? I just want to squeeze her little thighs!

7 comments:

CaptainChaz said...

Time for college football!!!

TOUCHDOWN!!!

So excited,

Charlie

Anonymous said...

I don't see Ames on that list :(

Lisa

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to hear her talk on Thursday. Or perhaps she'll be shy or have performance anxiety. OOh, according to First Aid, you give beta blockers for performance anxiety (just a little tip for when you study). Anyway, I'm glad you got your ERAS in and hope you get a program in Mpls because Mpls is cool! :)

Anonymous said...

I really hope that isn't a picture from "last August". That's a lot to grow in 2 months! Just think what she'll look like in two more months! At that rate you'll need to trade your babe-magnet minivan in for a stretch limo!

Anonymous said...

I almost forgot (that was me at 6:41pm) - I vote loudly for Mayo residency if it's offered to you!

-Grandpa M

Adam Fix said...

Matt and Kristi,

Thanks so much for saying "hi" on the blog the other day. It was great to hear from you! Like a good sleuth, I searched you out and found this blog (which I knew existed, but could never remember the address). Your daughter is so cute (Adam is writing this and he used the word cute). It would be fun to meet her someday. I hope all is well. The pictures of your family are great. Now I know to drop in here occasionally.

Adam
intothedirt.com

annetta said...

So you two would go to the same place right?