Thursday, July 3, 2008

Just a little update

We'll post some more pictures soon, but I wanted to jot down a couple of new things Charlotte is doing these days before I forget.

While we were in the Boundary Waters for a week, Charlotte was hanging out with Grandpa Mark and Grandma Cindy (Kristi's parents). She had a great time, and I think the grandparents did too. In Grandpa Mark's words, "We're not giving her back." :) During this short time away, Charlotte grew up and is now ready for college. Her big accomplishment? Standing up without needing to hold on to anything! Apparently she started doing this right away at the beginning of the week at their house, and can stand up like a champ now. She also learned the answer to one of life's biggest questions, "How big is Charlotte?" Charlotte's resounding answer, "SO BIG!!!" Grandma Cindy said she only worked on that a couple of times, and Charlotte wouldn't really do it for her. She must have been waiting to show it off to mom and dad.

She seems to really be understanding so much more these days. One of the funniest is if we ask her "Charlotte, do you want some milk?" She will look directly at the milk source (aka mom) and pull on mom's shirt to get better visualization. Obviously we do not encourage this in public. Another sign of understanding is that in the morning or after naps when we pick her up from her crib we tell her to drop her nippy (her pacifier) into her crib. She used to just look at us blankly while we pulled it out of her mouth and put it in the crib, but now she will pull it out and drip it in herself! I know it's not exactly rocket science, but she's really making progress in her mental abilities!

Charlotte is turning one year old on Saturday (can you believe it?!), so we will certainly be posting some pictures of her family birthday party after that. I'll try to post some other pictures before that if I have time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think she's ready for Ivy League! It was sooo good to see you yesterday, Matt. Glad to hear that everything is going well. We'll have to get together when you move down here in August!

Team Davis said...

we check your blog often as well! It looks like you'll be heading our way soon- hopefully we'll run into you three.