Saturday, May 10, 2008

little miss sunshine

Charlotte discovers the tupperware cupboard
Practicing walking

After a bath

She's a very talented xylephonist

She's sucking on a little plastic turtle that she likes to carry around with its head in her mouth

Charlotte continues to improve her walking skills. She doesn't fall down nearly as much as she used to, and she has learned how to gracefully land on her very padded cloth-diapered butt. She gets really excited when she walks. She loves to flap her arms and gasp in delight as she is walking toward something.

Her newest thing is playing peek-a-boo. She has started hiding behind things and then popping out and laughing hysterically. She will hide behind a diaper (clean, of course), a book, her mama, the laundry basket, or anything else she can find. She'll even put her hands over her eyes and then pull them down to peek out! She thinks she is so funny.

For a while now she has been learning the art of mimicry. She has learned how to shake her head, pant like a puppy, stick out her tongue, and clap. She has also learned a little shaky dance that she will do when she is in a good mood.













2 comments:

Dan and Jess said...

so cute - Sam does the same thing that Charlotte does with the turtle head in her mouth, only his is a duck. I have tried so hard to get a picture of it, but he always drops it right as I pull out the camera. of course!

Lesley & Wes said...

Hey, I don't have your email address, but if you're serious about a smock for Charlotte, I can see if I have enough remnants (I'm not sure I do). If I do though, I'd be willing to make one for you for $15, plus if you want me to mail it to you, whatever mailing costs would be. I just made a second smock for Gwyneth, so if you prefer that fabric pattern, I could see if I have remnants for that one...

Let me know.

Boy, Charlotte is getting so big! I can't believe that she's nearing one year!!! Crazy isn't it? I love little girls! Charlotte always looks so bright!

Lesley