Look Out World, Here We Come!
This is our first venture into the world of blogging! We thought this would be a great way to keep all you family and friends out there in this big wide world connected to the three of us. Feel free to use this little bit of cyberspace to post your own comments, advice or just to poke fun at us. Here you may find updates on the progress of Baby Florek's development (6 weeks along currently) and humorous anecdotes from Mom and Pops. There may also be some not-so-humorous comments from Mom when she is puking or having trouble finding pants to fit her. Once in a while we may write something meaningful or serious while we are in a state of reflection on the enormous change descending on our currently peaceful lives. Without further ado....
Baby Florek is at 6 weeks of development. Its heart started beating 4 days ago, the neural tube is currently closing (so that it doesn't have holes in its head or spinal column), little flippers that will eventually be arms and legs have formed, its head and neck take up most of its body, and it is a quarter of an inch long. Also, according to "embryologists" (those who study development pre-birth) it is pretty indistinguishable from an ape or pig baby. Well, with us for parents, you never know...
Mom: I have been blissfully symptom-less up until yesterday and today when food has become less of a friend and more of a necessity. Those of you who know me know that I love food, so this is an unwelcome change. Other than a little bit of nausea and fatigue, I feel great and am so happy to be pregnant.
Dad: As for me, well, I am eating right now, and loving it! I have been called such things as the home disposal unit, and with this new change in Kristi's eating habits, not wanting to finish her meal and what-not, I am not sure which one of us will be shopping in the maternity section.
8 comments:
Congrats you 2 (3)!
So when I got your last email I totally FREAKED out and thoughth something bad had happened. Glad to know that wasn't the case. :) You're preggers!!
(apparently pod 369=Eric...)
Congratulations to you and Matt on practicing a family before you go into family practice. Good plan.
We changed the settings so EVERYONE can leave a comment, not just registered users, whatever that means. Enjoy!
hehe...yeah for babies (particularly not our own!) we are so excited for the two of you. Can hardly wait to see the updates! Hey, do the Haucks know?? What if you guys are having TRIPLETS?!?!
I am adding your blog page to my favorites. I can't wait to get the updates it will be so fun. I love you guys.
Alright, so I'm leaving you two (Three) a comment. I love you and happy for you.
PS - Yo baby, Uncle Chad says you need to kick mom for me.
Post a Comment